THE STEADY SWAGGER
As soon as they get going, so does their hungry public. For the past six years The Steady Swagger have been crafting their unique style of folk storytelling grounded by a solid rock & roll foundation. They play a deft melange of high octane theatrical folk music punctuated by surf/prog rock, jazz and pirate shanties. Montreal’s charismatic power trio have a voracious drive, and it’s quite the spectacle. Stillness and mayhem. Waltzes and mosh pits. Roaring shouts and sing-alongs. It’s a potent mixture of festive and dark, comforting and angry, comical and dramatic. It’s rugged, charismatic, finely distilled and ferociously fun.
It’s not like Primus, Tom Waits and Gogol Bordello drinking whiskey in a Tim Burton Film!
- Has toured in Eastern Canada, Italy, France and Switzerland
- Composed and performed the theme song for the show « The Blood Brothers » (ZTélé 2017)
- Their song « One More Shot » was the theme of the Italian radio show « Blue Monday » (2016/2017)
- Released three full length albums
- « Barrels of Rhum » (single off their 2nd album) has gained mentionable popularity on YouTube
- Their first album « ... and they call it Whiskeybillie » (2012) ranked no. 8 in the Top 10 of Beat Magazine (Melbourne, Australia)